Thursday, August 13, 2009

Storing my BMW M3 for the winter?

Im storing my car for the winter. (i live in MI) im storing it in a unheated garage. Do i need to do anything to the car before i store it?



Storing my BMW M3 for the winter?systemworks



red's right. add some fuel stabilizer too.



if you really want to be over cautious, put it up on jack stands as well.



edit: oh, and pull the battery out.



Storing my BMW M3 for the winter?windows



yes check all the liquid levels and make sure that the coolant is to the standard of the lowest I.E.(-20) then the engine will not freeze and crack the block....
I used to live in the UP-Marquette,Gwinn -and believe me it gets cold! After doing all the fluid checks that others have recommended put a light bulb under the hood and leave it on. Don't forget to check it frequently and don't put it by the fuel injection system. Also remember to start the car once a week and turn on the AC to keep the seals functioning properly and to keep the engine lubed.
Well you could of just said I'm storing my car, but noooo you just had to brag and mention that it's a BMW M3
1 do as Red suggested with Fluids



2. put it on stands to extend the life of your coil suspension/



3. pull battery and put it on a trickle charger



4. crack windows and cover car with good quality car cover



5. smile knowing you've done all you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment