Friday, August 21, 2009

1990 BMW 750il Transmission Question?

I just had a new engine installed last month and when I finally got my car back, a month later, my transmission was not working. I called my mechanic and he told me to drive it around for a bit to see if it would get better. Well, it just got worse and my mechanic told me that it was not his problem and if I felt differently then I would need to sue him. So, my question is, can a transmission go bad if the mechanic didn't install it properly when he installed my engine? I didn't have any problems with my transimission before the new engine was installed.



Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much



1990 BMW 750il Transmission Question?virus scanner



It's an electronic transmission and it gets input from sensors on the engine and elsewhere.



It's possible the mechanic disrupted the wiring.



You didn't say what went wrong with the trans so it's hard to tell.



And the ZF transmission is not crap.



1990 BMW 750il Transmission Question?anti virus software



For 90 750il, no. These ZF transmissions are generally crap and they go out several times for life of the car. The only thing mechanic have do to is mount it, install drive shaft, connect shifter, and connect cooling line (and few electric cables). None of these process is complicated, and if he did make mistakes, you would know immediately.
The car is 18 years old...your going to have problems. something could have gone wrong during the installation, but hard to prove.

No comments:

Post a Comment