Sunday, August 23, 2009

My bmw 323i what is the thing on gages that keeps beeping at me!? it shows this: - 40 F?

it says this right under the mileage



My bmw 323i what is the thing on gages that keeps beeping at me!? it shows this: - 40 F?internet security



Everyone saying it's telling you it's cold outside is missing the fact that you said it does this at -40. The alarm is supposed to beep at +37. The fact it is showing -40 means the connection is open. Check the connector, or have you had any front end damage lately? I am glad my M3 does not wait until it is -40 to warn me of freezing.



My bmw 323i what is the thing on gages that keeps beeping at me!? it shows this: - 40 F?network security



It likes you and its telling you it thinks your cool!
The exterior temperature sensor is mounted behind the front bumper. When it reads -40 deg. Fahrenheit, it indicates that there is no connection between the sensor and the instrument panel. (Interesting that -40 deg. Celcius is also the same temp. as -40 deg. F.)



Suggest you look for the sensor and replace it or reconnect it.
i think it is just a warning that it is cold out and to take the proper measurements with your engine. i.e. let it warm up etc.
It's beeping because of a "rapid tempature drop". Obviously your sensor failed unless it is really -40 outside.
I have the same problem, Its the outside temperature sensor. Its behind the front bumper. Check the connection or replace it. When it says -40 all the time it means that the sensor is not acting properly or disconnected. Hope that helps.
It means that is below freezing outside. Its basically a cool feature that tells you that its cold.
Well in my BMW 740il when ever the temperature drops below -41 F there is a beeping indicator that suggest that your well on your way the -32 F freezing temperature, it's a reminder that you keep the cars fluids well maintained during these temps.



If I'm correct it beeps a few minutes after driving and it flashes on and off right? Nothing to worry about, It'll stop when the winters over lol

No comments:

Post a Comment