Monday, August 17, 2009

My bmw 540i shuts down while driving if I slow down to make a turn it completely shuts off. anyone k

2000 540i



My bmw 540i shuts down while driving if I slow down to make a turn it completely shuts off. anyone know why?norton ghost



Is it a Manual trans?



My bmw 540i shuts down while driving if I slow down to make a turn it completely shuts off. anyone know why?software



there can be many reasons, and a proper diagnoses would be required to get a definitive answer. However, it sounds like your idle control isn't working correctly, perhaps it's clogged or has failed.



when you start your car, does the idle seem rougher than usual?



does the stalling seem to happen more when you are turning the wheel? when you turn your steering wheel, you put a slight additional load on the engine as the power steering assists the turn. if your idle control is having issues, that additional load can cause the engine to stall.
I think you need to define "completely shuts off". Does this mean it stalls out? Or does all the electricity shut off and thereby causes the car to shut down? If all the electricity shuts down it could be as simple as the battery shifting around in the turn with a loose connection.



Best bet is finding a good indep. BMW mechanic to go for a test drive with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment