Monday, August 17, 2009

94 BMW 325i Passenger floor carwash flood while A/C and undercarriage wash running?

Just got the car and had it for less than 24 hours (almost 3 days now) Ran it throught the carwash on a hot day and have never heard of this happening. I ran the A/C because it was suffocatingly hot. The undercarriage wash hit and suddenly the windows got steamy and the car blew hot air. My wife shrieked and I looked to find there was water flowing in from behind the dash. We got to the end of the tunnel and I went to pull out but the car wouldn't move. "Oh great! They killed my car." The engine turned but the car would not start. I decided to let it dry for 2 hours with no progress. It sat overnight. Still nothing. So I unplugged the onboard computer, and it started up but died immediately. I tried again and this time held down the gas. It ran, but it ran super crappy. Throttle Position Sensor, O2 Sensor, Mass Airflow sensor, A knock in the engine, black smoke, Misfiring,(before being able to start it, and lots of electronical buzzing and the guages were freaking out). Any ideas?



94 BMW 325i Passenger floor carwash flood while A/C and undercarriage wash running?network security



if u had alot of water behind the dash ur car is now a big piece, ur problems are being caused by the wiring, water has gotten in ur fuse box most likely, computer, etc..the only way to fix this is for the wiring to be replaced, sorry man but depending on where u bought it, i may go back to where ever u bought and demand a refund because u got screwed

No comments:

Post a Comment