Wednesday, August 19, 2009

1995 BMW 525i, key won't unlock from driver's side anymore?

Recently I've started having troubles unlocking my car from the driver's side. Usually, I can put the key in and turn it and it will unlock the whole car. Now, it just turns and doesn't seem to "catch" on anything, and so nothing unlocks. I can successfully unlock the whole car from the passenger side door still, and I can also still *lock* the door from the driver's side, but it takes me turning the key left and right two times in order for it to sufficiently lock all the doors via the power-lock. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I don't have much money to fix this and was looking to sell the car soon. Thanks!



1995 BMW 525i, key won't unlock from driver's side anymore?antivirus protection



Try freeing up the lock with a bit of graphite grease. Do NOT use oil or WD 40, as they will only attract the dust. You can buy a small bottle of graphite grease at good auto supply stores, or locksmiths, or a good hardware store for a couple of dollars. Just poke the end of the bottle into the key-hole and give a small squeeze. Work your key back and forward a few times, and she should be right.



1995 BMW 525i, key won't unlock from driver's side anymore?computer repair



Replace the lock cylinder in the problem door..

No comments:

Post a Comment