Thursday, August 13, 2009

I have BMW 728i e38, I get wheel wobble at 50 mph Can sombody tell me what to do?

I have tryed everything wheel alignment and blelencing and set of 2 brand new tyres but still I have wheel wobble problem. Can sombody tell me what to do about that?



I have BMW 728i e38, I get wheel wobble at 50 mph Can sombody tell me what to do?pop up blocker



Try driving less than 50 mph.



I have BMW 728i e38, I get wheel wobble at 50 mph Can sombody tell me what to do?systemworks



only one thing to do mate, take ur car to the garage there's so many things that it could be!!!!!!
Since you've tried alignment, balancing and tires then it's probably either your control arm bushings.
I think Mr Clegg's probably right, but I have another possibility, which I hope is not what's wrong with your Beemer, cos it's a major expense.



If I'm right in thinking that the E38 has a ZF steering box, like the E28 i once had, then it's possible this is worn. I believe there is some adjustment that can be done, but when mine went, it was a new box, and they ain't cheap! Pray it's just bushes, or part of the linkage!
Reggie cound be right. Do you notice it more when braking?



Also, check wheel bearings, and for damage to the rims.



See if you can find somewhere that will do a wheel balance on the car, that way all of the rotating components will be balaced as well as the wheels.
The E38 was similar to the E34 which in turn had similar suspension unit components to the E28.

No comments:

Post a Comment